Friday 7 August 2015

battle of the hair texturing sprays/powders // love it & leave it

Who has fine hair? *raises hand*
Who's hair is flat as can be? *raises hand*
Who wishes their hair had more texture and less blah-ness? *raises hand!!!!* 

If you (hypothetically) raised your hand to any of the above questions, then perhaps this post would be very beneficial for you. I have tried numerous texturizing and volume products in hopes of finding that one gem that will give my hair the omph that it NEEDS (and deserves). You want to find out which products is the best of the best? That's the spirit! Read on, my friends!

Here we go: 

1. Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray (8.5 fl) $42 - Might as well start with the absolute favourite. This stuff is magic in a bottle. Yes, that price point is HEFTY, but you get so much in a bottle. With everyday use, this bottle will last you for MONTHS. I plan on doing a completely separate post dedicated to this product (with before and after pics), so as much as I would love to rave right now, i'll save that for later. 

2. Aveda Pure Abundance Hair Potion (0.7 oz) $32 - This product is interesting because you don't tap the powder onto your scalp. Instead, you have to squeeze the bottle, and magical powder comes flying out to dust your hair with texture. I would love this more if one bottle lasted longer. I most likely will not repurchase. Also, there is no smell, which is no bueno. 

3. Bumble and Bumble Dryspun Finish (4 fl) $30 - Love it. Had I not have found the Oribe spray, I would have continued to repurchase this. This smells amazing and gives hair a messy and tousled look. This lasted me for a month and a half with everyday use - I would have liked more product for the price I paid. 

4. Bumble and Bumble Pret a Powder (2 oz) $27 - This is my dry shampoo that I will never live without. It takes away second-day oils and adds some volume into the hair. Not a texturizing powder, though - I still prefer to use my Oribe spray in combination with this!

5. Got2b Powderful (0.35 oz) $8 - Before I ventured off into the world of highend texturizing products, this is where it all began. This stuff is the tackiest product of them all. I would never put this in my hair if I were planning on leaving it down. However, if I wanted to make a braid/bun and needed the texture and hold, this is a great product for that. 

And that's all! For now, at least. 

Best,
Δ Sandra Δ

Where else can I find you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

yay for comments!